Wednesday 28 July 2010

Baby boy bliss

So many of my friends and family are expecting babies this year and almost all of them are having little boys. I've never had a chance to sew for a baby boy of my own, Boy was around eighteen months old when I started sewing so I missed out on making tiny little outfits for him. Therefore I may have gone slightly overboard to compensate :)

This first one is absolutely tiny, a size 50cm which looks so ridiculously small it can't possibly fit a baby! Both patterns are from Ottobre Summer 2010, #1 HauHau vest and #2 Jodhpur pants. I'm hoping the extra width through the hips of the trousers will make them a good fit over a cloth nappy.

Boy set 1

These next three are all 56cm, the wrap tops are #6 from Ottobre Winter 2007 which was one of my favourite baby patterns for my girls, it's a really nice close fit and easy to make. Unless your binding gives you fits! The lizard and animal trousers are #5 from Summer 2003 and the stripey knit trousers are #5 from Spring 2003. It's nice to revisit the older issues now and then, there are some great patterns in them.

Boy set 2 Boy set 3 Boy set 4

The lizard embroidery came from Emblibrary. I hope the recipients like them :)

2 comments:

  1. So adorable!
    That lizard embroidery is perfect with the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great gift! the lizard set is awesome

    ReplyDelete