Monday 18 January 2010

"Nine by Nine" quilt finished!

A fanfare if you please......

DSC00365

DSC00372

DSC00381

DSC00379

Phew! The Boy has been waiting on this quilt for over a year now, he was very very happy to open up the blanket drawer last night and see it there waiting for him. I was very very glad to finally have it done lol! The main hold up this time was the backing fabric, he wanted red minkee. Nothing else would do, it had to be minkee and it had to be RED please. I finally found some at a decent price on Etsy, ordered it at the end of November and it arrived January 11th! Just a bit late for Christmas then. Never mind, it's done now and he's happy so I'm happy :)

I tried straight line quilting on this one, outlining the sashing and the centre blocks of each star. It turned out OK but I prefer stippling or meandering, my straight lines aren't really that straight.

5 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! Congratulations on getting it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful..and boylike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!!! My son would like it too. Nice bright boy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pattern did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks :) The pattern was from this book:

    http://tinyurl.com/2u476sn

    ReplyDelete