Monday 18 January 2010

Ottobre vests and trousers

Can you take the excitement of yet more baby vests?? I certainly couldn't, these were almost too thrilling to sew ;P More Ottobre 05/06 long sleeve vests for my niece, 86cm this time as she's done that annoying baby thing where they suddenly sprout a few centimetres overnight....

Ivory
DSC00361

Lonesome pink
DSC00362

The coverstitch binder makes this so fantastically easy - when it works that is! It had me ready to throw it out the window when it suddenly decided to behave after refusing to stitch properly for three hours!
DSC00363

And a pair of Ottobre trousers from the scraps, I made this more to check the fit and see if my sister likes the style, I don't really like it in these fabrics. She will look like an ice cream! The pattern is Ottobre 05/06 #3, again in 86cm.
DSC00364

4 comments:

  1. Oh I can totally relate to the comment about the CS binder. When I can get mine to work, it's bliss. A lot of the time it is just frustrating.

    Lovely vests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :) I am so tempted to upgrade my CS for the Babylock machine as I have heard much better things about it. Just have to persuade DH which is going to be tricky!

    ReplyDelete