Monday 25 October 2010

November's project

I think I will only have time for one project next month, it's a biggie! I have been wanting to make a quilt for my bed for a while now and have slowly been getting my supplies together and deciding just what I want to do. After much doodling on graph paper I have finally chosen a layout, bought in the fabrics and am all ready to go. Here is the design:

Next project plan...

Yes, that does say the finished size will be around 100" x 100" - told you it was a biggie :) The inner diamonds ( a take on the Round the World pattern) will be made up of chocolate brown Kona cotton and a Soiree layer cake with the Soiree diamonds grouped more or less by colour. I've chosen a couple of extra prints from stash to go in with them as I need 100 finished units and the layer cake will only give me 88. The first outer border will be white Kona cotton, the second border will be pieced from a Soiree honeybun and the final border will be white Kona cotton again. I think I will piece the binding from a Soiree jelly roll and I should have something in the stash that I can piece together for the backing.

Next project supplies...

I have a feeling I may have bitten off more than I can chew....we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment