Monday 25 October 2010

Raffle quilt

Almost the last post for today, promise :) The kids and I go to karate once a week and our club has a raffle once a year to raise funds for new equipment so this year I made a quilt to gift as one of the prizes. The pattern is from Fast Quilts from Fat Quarters and is the second quilt I've made from this particular book. I'm really pleased with how it came out though I think my fabric choices could have been better for some of the blocks. I need to work on looking at value, not colour :) The fabrics are from the Woodland Bloom collection, designed by Lila Tueller for Moda apart from the white which is Kona cotton.

Tumbling blocks quilt

Tumbling blocks backing

The back uses the largest scale print I had from the collection and I love the binding, it's quite a large scale print which looks great as a binding as all you see are the fab colours, I wish I had yards and yards of it! The binding on this is machine stitched. I much prefer the look of hand stitched binding but I didn't have enough time for that.

I have three favourite blocks...

Tumbling blocks 1 Tumbling blocks 2 Tumbling blocks 3

And as you can see I just stippled in the white areas and left the rest untouched. After a wash and dry it now looks wonderfully scrunched (excuse the foldline! I took it out of its bag for one final photo and didn't smooth it out properly). I hope whoever wins it likes it, it's big enough to use as a cot quilt for a toddler or a lap quilt for an adult. I'm secretly hoping I win it back ;P

Tumbling blocks scrunched up!

No comments:

Post a Comment